Thursday, July 03, 2008

My Return Trip to Japan


Many of you know that in 1995 I went to Japan. My high school choir teacher took choirs to Japan every 3 years for 20 years. Now, he is getting close to retiring and formed an alumni group to make the final trip.

Takko-Machi Japan is a small farming community in northern Japan. It is the Garlic Capitol of Japan and the sister-city of the town I grew up (and went to high school) in, Gilroy California.

Just a few days ago, I returned from the alumni trip. It was amazing. The people there are amazing. They are the nicest, kindest people you'll ever meet. And the country side of Takko is BEAUTIFUL. I already want to go back and I am sure that someday I will be able to.

I've uploaded over 600 pictures of my trip to my flickr account. Feel free to browse my pics. I've also started uploading a few videos I took while I was there. All can be seen here below:

All Jay's Japan Pics

This link will take you to my youtube account. The first (top) six videos there are of Japan. I'll be uploading more next week.

No comments: