Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Death of the Website

Websites are dead. Okay, not really, but I've found lately that they're becoming obselete. With the advent of blogging and the blessing of Flickr, I have lately found no reason to update my own website.

Why I regularly updated my website in the past:
  1. Post new pictures of the family
  2. Post new videos that we made
  3. Give information on what our family is up to
Now, I still post these things online, but it makes more sense to do it in a blog. Besides, now that Megan has started a blog, she pretty much covers #3. And #2 will be covered by her and I both in our blogs. Number 1 is covered by our flickr account. It seems pointless to post pictures on my website when they're already on flickr.

So you can see: Websites are dying, blogs are thriving. :)

I'll still keep MegJay.com up and running of course, but it's in the blogs and in flickr that I'll be posting anything interesting.

No comments: