Sunday, July 13, 2008

My Japan Videos

I just can't tell you how amazing Japan was. I literally think about it every day and even several times a day. I so badly want to go back. The country was beautiful, the people are wonderful, the food was great, and the culture is just fantastic.

I've taken some time to post videos from my trip onto YouTube so you can get an idea of what it was like to be there (in addition to all my photos).

So, sit back, relax, and enjoy Japan (10 videos):
  1. Driving through Takko and Surrounding Areas
  2. Miroku Falls
  3. Riding on the Shinkansen (bullet train)
  4. Running through the human kid tunnel
  5. Takko Elementary Kids Singing
  6. Traditional Japanese Dance by Takko High School
  7. Pam Dancing with Mayor's Mother
  8. The Alumni Choir singing O Magnum Mysterium
  9. Phil and Pam feeding each other cake
  10. Archery Demonstration at Takko High School
Also, I've posted a new review on my new Reviews blog.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jay, that "O Magnum Mysterium" sounded a whole lot like "Ubi Caritas" we sang in BYU Concert Choir. Just wondering, who was the composer?

Karen Dougherty said...

Loved the videos. I'm jealous. Next time invite your old ma.

Jay said...

Brianne, Yes, Morton Lauridson composed both of those pieces. He's amazing.

-Jay

Cook Family said...

You're a big dork! J/K. Love the picture. I too think about Japan several times a day! I not only miss Japan, but I miss the members of the choir whom I came to love.

Look for my photos soon on snapfish.