Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm Famous!

So there's this website called Schmap.com. From the looks of it, they are an internet mapping program like Google Maps that professes to go above and beyond (meaning they provide descriptions and reviews of places, etc.). Well a few weeks ago I got an email from them saying that my photo (found on Flickr) was a finalist in thier selection for a photo of the Mariposa grove in Yosemite. They wanted to know if they could have my permission to publish it on thier site if it was selected as the final photo in ther pool of selections. I said sure, why not? I'm all for the free world of trading photos--among other things (*cough* *music*). But anyway I responded in the afirmative and thought nothing more of it.

I just got the email today. They've decided to use my photo! So now when you go to Schmap and look up Yosemite, you'll see my photo at the Mariposa Grove description.

See for yourself. My photo (shown here below) can now be seen at Schmap. Click here, and cursor over "Mariposa Grove." My photo will show up on the right hand side of the screen (and you'll see my name credited under it too).


So if you want my autograph, I'd be happy to give you one ($100 each)

3 comments:

Cook Family said...

That is so cool, Jay! I am beginning a photography-hobby venture of sorts, and I must say that your photo is wonderful! I also noticed the new one on your blog header. Wow, it's gorgeous. Yours too?

(And yes, your wife is beautiful.)

Jay said...

No, unfortunately I didn't take the picture on my header. But I love Yosemite SO much and I sort of have a hobby of browsing Flickr for great Yosemite photos. :)

darthchicken said...

That is so beyond cool!! Congrats on getting recognized for such a great picture!

I'm sending you $100 right now. Is it OK if it's yellow and has a picture of the Monopoly guy?