Saturday, September 27, 2008

Heroes is Back, Among Others

The best show to grace TV airwaves is back on the air. Heroes delivered a fantastic 2 hour premier last Monday and this coming Monday cannot come fast enough.

As with previous seasons, this is the one show that I simply cannot DVR and watch later. I must watch it live, or at least only 15 minutes behind (enough to fast forward through commercials).

So far the season has started off wonderfully.

In addition to Heroes, there are a few other geek-favorites of mine that are starting up. I DVR'd the first episode of the new Knight Rider but haven't watched it yet. The second season of Terminator has started and, in my opinion, it is a fantastic show--love it!

And don't count out Smallville. Going on thier 8th season, this one has started off strong. I LOVE that Lana is out of the picture but I hate that Lex is gone too. The show isn't what it used to be without him. Still, the new producers have churned out a few great season-starting episodes. While the dynamic has changed over the years, I still easily count this as one of my top favorite 3 shows.

I started watching Fringe. I've seen the first two eps so far. It's supposed to be the new JJ Abrams show. So far I'm not terribly impressed. I think I'll give it one more episode to hook me in but somehow that doesn't seem likely. It's kind of like an X-files but seems to drag for me.

I'm interested in seeing "My Own Worst Enemy", starting next month. Looks interesting.

And of course there's Lost. Hasn't started yet, but I'm still waiting like a boy on Christmas morning for it to get underway.

I also enjoy Criminal Minds. The season premier recorded, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Cold Case is good, hasn't started yet.

I don't typically think of myself as a huge TV watcher but looking at this list, you'd wonder how I have time to do anything else. I didn't even mention American Idol or College Football.

But in the end there is only one hierarchy of shows--the top three. I could probably give up the rest if forced to at gunpoint, but these three would have me questioning mortality if given the same option:

  1. Heroes
  2. Lost
  3. Smallville
Enjoy the season.

1 comment:

Cook Family said...

Seriously, that's exactly what I was thinking. How do you manage to get fit everything in your schedule? You even read books! I don't read. I don't have time. Plus you work and your a dad and I'm sure have a church calling. Are lacking in sleep? Is that what it is? I love Heroes too.