Sunday, June 01, 2008

Flickr = Security

Okay, you may know by now that I've been uploading all my pictures to this website called flickr. But there's more you should know. These days photos are stored digitally. How many people do you know that actually develop thier photos anymore? It's rare. So where are your photos then? On your computer? And what if your house burns down? Or, more common yet, what if your hard drive fries or gets a virus? You've suddenly lost years of precious memories.

Flickr is the answer for us. For $25 a year you can buy peace of mind. That price gets you a pro membership, and UNLIMITED upload space for your photos. I don't care if you have a 20 megapixel camera and 3000 photos stored on your computer, you can upload ALL of them. Not only do they have a nifty website that allows you to organize, share, edit and display your photos, but they're online... on a different server... NOT at your house... NOT on your computer... and therefore, they're safe. If your computer crashes, your memories are preserved.

To me it was a no-brainer. I used to burn my photos onto a DVD every few months and store the DVD in my fire-proof saftey box in my closet. That hassle is no longer necessary.

Take a look at my Flickr page (my photostream as they call it) and then decide for yourself. It really makes sense to sign up.

2 comments:

RDThurston said...

I didn't know you blogspot.com started putting advertisements on the blog pages.

Karen Dougherty said...

Wow, your pics really are wonderful. Yosemite is heavenly.