Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ready or Not

Last weekend I traveled to Bakersfield with my quartet, Ready or Not, to compete at the district level barbershop competition. Bascially what this means is that 100 quartets competed at the division level, and only about 20 were invited to compete at district. We sang on the first night, and only 10 were invited (qualified) to sing the second night. In the end, we took 6th place (out of roughly 100) so we were very excited about that. If you'd like to see us in action, watch these videos of the contest. The first one is the 2nd night of the contest--I think we sounded a lot better the second night so I'm posting it first, just in case you only want to watch one of them.

For more info on our quartet, we have a website: www.ReadyOrNotQuartet.com




5 comments:

Jeff said...

Nice Job Jay! You guys sound pretty good. How long you been a part of that group and how long did you practice?

chipandsalsa said...

wow!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can hear you! Now I understand what all the fuss is about, such harmonies! --Lucio

Anonymous said...

That sounded wonderful, Jay! Congrats!!

Cook Family said...

You guys sound awesome! I miss singing. I am so pleased that you are continuing with your passion.