Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Video Ideas Needed


Many of you know that I love to make home videos. Well I've come accross a good website that will pay me for the videos I make. Based on how many views videos get, I get money. Some people have made over $25,000 on thier videos.

After a bit of research, I've come to realize that the videos that get the most views are short and they are interesting or cool rather than funny or silly.

Take a look at some of the videos that have recieved the most money so far and then give me some ideas. What kind of short cool/interesting videos can I make to make my millions?

  • This video alone has made more than $25,000 for having almost a perfect rating and over 5 million views!
  • This guy just shows you how to make a paper bird. He's made over $3000 on it.
  • Browse through this guys videos, every one of them is unique and has made $1000's of dollars. Apparantly he's figured out the trade that I want to learn.
  • One more. This guy has made a ton of money on cool little videos as well.
Okay, so you've seen them. Notice that none of them are silly or funny. They all show something interesting that people would enjoy watching but they're short. So what've you got for me? Any ideas?

Be sure to leave a comment with your suggestions!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A time warp of a chia-head of Lex Luthor growing into an afro.

Anonymous said...

In each of these cases, the person shows something that is fascinating, as well as something they are personally skilled at.

The kung-fu is movie-like but real.
The swan, everyone wants to know how to do, but can't remember how
Various computer security and privacy hacks, etc.

For you to be profitable at this, I would suggest brainstorming your own skill-set, then brainstorm neat things that skill-set can produce.

For example:
You are skilled in music
You are skilled in teaching
You have a vast knowledge of Superman

Using the music is easy, there are so many fascinating things people can do with music. I remember that Honda commercial with the choir doing the sounds of the car. Or one time on NPR, I listened to someone take the raw sounds of tuning forks to create the complex sounds of organs and guitars.

Unknown said...

I always liked "Ask the Builder" short movies about how to do specific construction projects.

Maybe you can try making one on sight-reading guitar tab.

I always wanted to make a Lord of the Rings quality fantasy series based off online RPG's. If you goto google, you always see Warcraft in game short movies. Even if the quality is bad, but the plot and costumes are decent you will get thousands of viewers no doubt.

- Jared