Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Metallica is Back

Since I was in high school, if you ask me what my favorite bad is, I would say Metallica. Why? Don't they play crazy mind numbing heavy metal? Not really. Don't get me wrong, they have thier share of heavy metal, but most people don't know that in spite of the heavy/goth sounding name, Metallica is actually a very musically tallented group of people.

A few years ago, they came out with a new album: St. Anger. It sucked. I was such a big fan that I tried to convince myself that I liked thier new sound. In the end I had to face reality: Metallica had hit a new low (well not a new low because they didn't have one to begin with).

But in 2 days Metallica will release a new album: Death Magnetic. IT. IS. AWESOME. They totally redeemed themselves with this new album. It harkens back to the good old days of Justice for All and Master of Puppets. I've listened to the whole thing a number of times now. HOW? It's not even released yet! Well the album leaked online a few weeks ago. You can hear the music in any number of places including YouTube.

Metallica never ceases to amaze me with their tallent. Killer vocals and fantastic melodic guitar riffs accompanied by perfect chord structure and a constantly advancing musical form.

Enough from me. Hear it from the masters themselves. Here are my two favorites from thier new album.

This is one of my favorites. AWESOME! (Cyanide)



This Song is instrumental only but awesome: (Suicide and Redemption)



1 comment:

chipandsalsa said...

Yeah, this new album shows that they are back! I am stoked!