Tuesday, July 03, 2007

More Than Meets the Eye


I had the privilege of seeing the premier showing of Transformers last night.

In Short:
It was probably one of the greatest--if not THE greatest--movies I've ever seen.

In Long:
Michael Bay was obviously the right guy for the job. His directing was superb. The lighting, the angles and the performance he was able to pull from the actors was just great.

The story line was intriguing, though not flawless. The special FX were FANTASTIC. I mean BEYOND fantastic. Eventually you forget that you're looking at CGI and you just watch the film for what it is.

I loved how the transformers (especially Starscream) would transform in mid flight and land. Just amazing stuff. The whole move was one HUGE battle after another. Rarely was there a dull spot in the movie. Constant action. Constant amazing cinematography.

The Cheese Factor:
There were a FEW cheesy moments in the movie. Some of the dialogue was a bit over the top and made me groan. And every time Optimus spoke there was this cheesy music that would swell up behind him as if to suggest that every word he spoke was so terribly noble and awe-inspiring.

I won't talk about the few things I didn't like because I don't want to spoil it for you. Just do yourself a favor and GO SEE THIS MOVIE. It truly is: more than meets the eye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to concur whole-heartedly. The movie was absolutely amazing! It's obviously going to be THE movie of 2007. I'm going to have to go see it a few more times!

Unknown said...

Saw it last night, and I was surprised how long it was. It was more than I expected and I really enjoyed it.. more than the others I went with because I still remember transformers from 1986-88 era and noticed that they got the characters dead on.
I am glad that Hollywood is finally getting a clue about what people like when it comes to turning games or old comics into full length motion pictures.